You might be looking for a way to get a little more fruits as well as vegetables in your diet but you do not know how. Juicing could be an option for you to consider. Juicing will help you cover the flavours that you may not find pleasing and get the nutrition value in them. Follow the ideas that are outlined in this article for more insight.
Organic fruits and vegetables are the best for juicing. This is simply because these have not been exposed to fertilizers and chemicals during their time of growth in the farm. If in case you do not fid the organic fruits and vegetables, worry not, because you only need to completely exclude the peels as you prepare for your juice.
Make sure to place your juicer on your kitchen counter so that it constantly reminds you of juicing every time you set your eyes on it. The saying out of sight, out of mind applies very well especially when you are trying out a new habit.
Make it a habit to replace the snack you normally take with a glass of juice. The sense in this will dawn in you once you realize how much food you need to take for an equivalent of one glass of juice. The nutrients are also absorbed in the body much quicker once taken in juice form.
Be sure to clean your juicer as well as other equipment that you have used in the juicing process once you are done with juicing. This is because most of these juices will stain your jugs and blades.
Make sure that you keep a fresh stock of the vegetables and fruits in your kitchen at hand at all times. Have them ready so that you will not have to rush to the store each and every time you require to make juice. This will work to be very convenient for you.
Carrots are best juiced with their peels on. You do not have to peel them off. Other veggies such as rhubarbs are very nutritious but you must remove their greens. Make sure that you research about the greens that are best for you before you even imagine of experimenting.
When you start juicing, try to keep off the thought that you might be spending much in this process. The health benefits that you are gaining from this are priceless. There are however other ways that you can also take the nutrients in the fruits and vegetables naturally.
Approximately one pound of fruits and vegetables will yield one glass of juice. This is very important to have in mind when you are going to shop for the fruits and vegetables. The softer fruits however yield more juice because they will not have much pulp when compared to the harder fruits. The harder fruits yield less juice.
This article has given you an insight of what you will go about when you want to start juicing. You just landed on the best place to start juicing if you have ever contemplated on juicing or ever imagined the health benefits that come with juicing.
Juicing is not a very complicated process, but to make things as easy as possible, we’ve compiled this list of all the tips that can come out to be very useful for everyday juicing.
Getting Ready to Juice:
- Pick your juicer. We recommend the Omega J8006 since it is the best masticating juicer currently on the market. You can also read our Juicer Buying Guide to see what is right for you.
- Prepare your list of needed grocery. Before you head to the store, make a list so you know exactly how many produce to purchase. There are a lot of apps for smart phones which can help you in making lists.
- Good preparation saves time. If you plan to make juice in the morning, select the ingredients and prepare all of the necessary produce the night before. You can also wash it, place it in the fridge and assemble the juicer so the only thing left in the morning is to make juice, and drink it, of course. After all of the preparations, you are good to go!
- Wash produce thoroughly. This is a must so you avoid any bacteria that can be found on unwashed produce.
- Prepare a plastic bag for the pulp. The Omega J8006 has an external pulp basket for continuous juicing. If you have a juicer with it, too, line the basket with a plastic bug for easier clean up.
- Cut produce. Depending on your juicer, you will have to cut your produce into bigger or smaller pieces. What is important here is to cut the produce just before juicing since vegetables start to lose nutrients after you cut them.
- Feed produce through the juicer. There are juicers with more than one speed, so you will have to pay attention to the speed for harder and softer fruits. Juicers usually come with an instruction manual to help guide you, but generally hard produce is on high and soft on low speeds.
- You can take a look at the How to Prepare Produce Guide below so you get to know how to juice specific produce.
- Re-juice your pulp. The Omega J8006 gives you maximum amount of juice with a very dry pulp and this is one of the things that makes it the best masticating juicer. However, if you have another juicer, check your pulp to see if it is dry. If not, pass it back to the juicer in order to get as much juice as possible.
- Drink up and juice on. This is the best step! You have your juice. The best is to drink your juice while it is still fresh because it loses its nutritional benefits over time. Juice made by masticating juicers can be stored for up to 72 hours, while centrifugal juicer made juice degrades very fast.
- Clean up. After the best step comes a not so popular one. Juicer clean up should be done as soon as possible since it can get more difficult afterwards. You only need warm water and soap to scrub your machine. There are juicers which can be put into the dishwasher for even faster cleaning, so make sure to check whether your juicer is dishwasher friendly.
How to store juice:
- Make a double batch. Make more juice, have half right away, and then store the rest for later that day or the following day. This will help ensure you get the most potent juice possible for at least one serving.
- Store in the fridge. You can keep your juice in the fridge for up to 72 hours if you use masticating juicers, while 24-48 hours is the recommended time period.
- Strong juice in airtight containers. You can store your juice in an airtight container. Glass is preferred, but BPA-free plastic works too.
- Make sure to fill the container full. This will prevent oxygen from getting in and depleting the nutrients of your juice.
- Freeze. Freezing is also an option but less desirable than refrigeration. If you do freeze your juice do it immediately after juicing. Thaw in the refrigerator and drink within 7-10 days of freezing.
- Store in the correct environment. The juice should be stored in a dark, cool environment away from heat and light.
Juicing Benefits for Your Health
Juicing benefits are enormous. If you are looking for sufficient reasons why you should integrate juicing into your daily health journey, here they are:
- Juicing plays a huge role as far as absorption of fruits or vegetables is concerned. Note that a good number of us are battling with impaired digestion all thanks to creating room for less-than-optimal diet choices over a long period. This minimizes your body’s capacity in terms of absorbing all the nutrients found in vegetables and fruits. Juicing therefore plays a huge role in pre-digesting them on your behalf. In turn, you will benefit from the nutrition rather than flush it away during excretion.
- Juicing ensures that you stick to a healthier portion of fruits and vegetables in a practical manner. Health experts recommend at least six vegetable and fruit servings per day. Obviously, very few of us are consistent not many of us stick to that concept. Juicing is a simple way that virtually guarantees that you will achieve your set target as far as vegetable intake goes.
- You can add a wider array of fruits and vegetables in your diet and break the monotony of feeding on the same fruits and vegetables every day. In turn, this grossly violates the fundamental importance of the normal food cycle while heightening your allergy towards certain foods. In addition, it reduces the amount of phytochemicals in your diet, considering that each vegetable is laden with unique health benefits. With juicing, you can enjoy a huge vegetable variety that might not appeal to you on its own.
- Juicing helps in weight loss as it cleanses safely while combating the unhealthy fat that tends to line the belly and takes care of wobbly arms. The body therefore creates new tissues while the skin and muscles tone up. Unlike other methods that drain the body strength and nutrients, juicing is the safest way to combat all the bad fat.
- Juicing helps you to overcome food cravings and this provide you with a moment to soberly restructure and rethink your diet patterns. It plays a major role in combating bad eating habits as well as addictions. Note that a few juice intakes everyday help your body to overcome food addictions and bad eating habits especially unhealthy junk foods.
- Juicing supercharges your immune system with high levels of phytochemicals and this in turn improves your immune system. In addition, raw juice is laden with biophotonic light energy that plays a huge role in revitalizing your body.
- Juicing boosts your energy as it provides your body with an overwhelming supply of the necessary nutrients and ensures that your pH stays balanced. As a result, you will stay energized and this plays a huge role by benefiting your body in more ways than you can imagine.
If you find the following info helpful, please don’t forget to share. Thank you!
You may link this