These Lemon Fat Bombs are great for a great way to curb your appetite in between meals. They also help your digestive system and enhance mental clarity thanks to the hearty dose of healthy fats + protein. Plus, my lemon meltaways look gorgeous on a party platter!
I love watching YouTube videos where the babies have their first taste of lemon. It8217;s so funny to watch their faces! They either love it or hate it. As for me— I LOVE lemon! When I was pregnant with my son, I literally ate lemons like apples. I eventually had to stop because my dentist said I was ruining my tooth enamel.
Fat often gets a bad rap. Honestly, your body needs fat to thrive. Yet not all fat is the same. My lemon meltaways use fat from plants (cashews and coconuts) as well as a fresh lemon juice, a bit of maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt for an easy peasy snack. Eat a few of these for your next afternoon snack and feel your brain wake up.
Purposely eating fat can sound scary. Yet our bodies NEED fat to function at our best. So if you8217;re trying to lose weight and you cut out all fat, you aren8217;t doing your body any good! Including healthy, whole food fats like the cashews and coconut oil in these lemon fat bombs is a great way to get good fat back into your diet.
- A quick alternative to sour candy, especially since my lemon meltaways don8217;t give me a sugar crash!
- One little treat goes a lot way in satisfying the body as well as the tastebuds.
- These fat bombs help me hang onto my focus thanks to the healthy fats which are incredible for the brain.
- You can make a large batch ahead of time and store in the freezer until you8217;re ready to enjoy.
Is your mouth watering yet from this lemon fat bomb recipe? Then I have a feeling you8217;ll LOVE my new recipe book. Don8217;t miss out on the healthy and taste recipes in Simple Green Meals.
Now I gotta go run to the kitchen and grab a snack for myself! I love nourishing my body with healthy foods that taste amazing. Which one of these snacks sound like a winner to you? And don8217;t forget to rate + review my lemon fat bombs; they truly are my go-to!
Drop 1⁄2 tablespoonfuls of the cashew mixture onto cold baking sheet or into silicone trays. Return the pan to the freezer. (Depending on the size of the baking sheet, you may have to make the lemon bombs in batches.)
- Going keto? You can swap out the maple syrup for a dash of stevia.
- Have fun with these! Use your fav silicone mold to shape them into fun shapes, especially if they will be party food.
- If you want to use a high powered blender to make these, feel free to double or triple the batch.
- Lemon meltaways can be kept in the freezer for several months.
Serving: 3cubes Calories: 118kcal (6%) Carbohydrates: 4g (1%) Protein: 1g (2%) Fat: 11g (17%) Saturated Fat: 8g (50%) Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Sodium: 1mg Potassium: 46mg (1%) Fiber: 1g (4%) Sugar: 2g (2%) Vitamin A: 1IU Vitamin C: 1mg (1%) Calcium: 6mg (1%) Iron: 1mg (6%)
This recipe was originally created for my cookbook, Simple Green Meals. If you are trying to eat more plants then this is the cookbook for you! It8217;s full of easy recipes just like the lemon fat bombs with a variety of flavors to fit your preference. I8217;ve got you covered for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and more.